Here’s how to spend 3 days in San Francisco
San Francisco – Day 1
Cruise the San Francisco Bay while gazing at the urban skyline of San Francisco, passing under both the Golden Gate and Bay Bridge. You’ll get a chance to see spectacular views of Alcatraz Island, Coit Tower, the Ferry Building and much more, all while learning about the history of the city.
Choose from a variety of self-guided tours and check out San Francisco via bike. Your bike rental comes with a helmet, a bike lock and a custom map of suggested routes.
The Muni Day Pass includes one full day of unlimited rides on Muni, Muni-Metro, historic street cars, cable cars, underground trains, and buses. Make the most of the pass by hopping on San Francisco’s historic cable cars. Did you know that passengers board through both doors of their buses and street cars? Fascinating!
San Francisco – Day 2
Here are 6 must-sees on the Big Bus Tour:
- Fisherman’s Wharf: stop #1 – Stop off for ice cream at Ben and Jerry’s and be sure to eat some crab legs. The first bus departs Fisherman’s Wharf at 9:00 AM and runs at 10-20 minute intervals. The last bus leaves the wharf at 5 pm.
2. Coit Tower: stop # 3 – Walk to the top of the hill where Coit Tower sits, then if you ain’t tired, take the elevator to the top of Coit (the line will be long but it’s worth it).
3. Ferry Building: stop #5 – great views of Oakland Bay Bridge, sit outside and gaze at the sun or if it’s raining try finding a seat somewhere and feast on everything from chocolate, cheese, wine, check out a tea shop, buy a side of beef or live lobster….the list goes on. Oh and check out the Embarcadero.
4. Alamo Square: stop #10 – Check out the Painted Ladies – Victorian-style houses are everywhere in San Francisco but these particular houses are famous from the TV show “Full House”.
5. Chinatown Gate: stop #18 – Shop for souvenirs, eat some amazing Asian fare. Crowded as hell so if you’re claustrophobic just look at the Gate from the corner of Grant and Bush Street.
San Francisco – Day 3
Spend day 3 exploring more of San Francisco via BigBus. Do one of the BigBus complimentary walking tours:
1. Chinatown Walk (stop 6)- 10:00 AM or 2:00 PM
2. North Beach Walk (stop 3) – 4:00 PM
3. Barbary Coast Walk (stop 4) – 12:00 PM
4. Fisherman’s Wharf Walk (stop 1) – 2:00 PM
Haight-Ashbury (#11) – mentally and spiritually take in San Francisco’s hippie vibe.
Golden Gate Park (#12) – beautiful and huge! I remember going here as a kid on Sundays to watch my brother play soccer.
Golden Gate Bridge North (#13) – get out here, take some photos and enjoy the view – breathtaking!